Canon PIXMA iP4870 Driver & Software Download
Canon PIXMA iP4870 is an inkjet printer with single function but producing great prints for the user. This printer is also recommended because it is really efficient. Auto Duplex Printing is available to make use paper and time efficiently. This feature will help the user to do two-sided printing at once. The feature will run automatically without stopping even it should change the paper with the new one.
Using this Pixma printer will help the user to print the documents directly from CD or DVD. There will be a special tray to be a place for CD or DVD you will use. To print the document from the electronic camera, the printer has been completed with PictBridge feature which allows you the user, to do this printing. Canon iP4870 will be suitable to print on many types of paper size. The tray can also take the paper up to 150 sheets.
With dye-based ink, the user will get better prints especially for prints which require great colors on detail. This print will be long lasting for many years so the user should not worry about the result. The resolution for this Canon PIXMA iP 4870 is 9600 x 2400 in dpi which will produce high definition prints.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA IP1800 Setup & Driver Download
Canon PIXMA iP4870 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11)/ Linux
Canon PIXMA iP4870 Specification
|Maximum Printing Resolution||9600 2400 dpi|
|Print head / ink type||Individual Ink Cartridge|
|Number of nozzles||4608|
|Min. ink droplet size||1pl|
|Cartridge type||PGI-725 Pigment Black, CLI-726 Cyan / Magenta / Yellow / Black|
Based on ISO / IEC 24734
|Document Colour: Approx 9.3 ipm|
Document B/W: Approx 11.0 ipm
Photo (4×6″): PP-201 / Borderless: Approx 20 secs
|Printable Width||Up to 203.2mm (8-inch)|
Borderless: Up to 216mm (8.5-inch)
|Recommended Printing Area||Top margin: 40.7mm|
Bottom margin: 37.4mm
|Paper Size||A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, 8 x 10″, Envelopes (DL, COM10)|
|Paper Handling (Rear Tray) (Maximum Number)|
|Plain paper||A4 / A5 / B5 / LTR / LGL = 150|
|High Resolution Paper|
|A4 = 80|
|Photo Paper Pro Platinum|
|A4 / 8 x 10″ = 10, 4 x 6″ = 20|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy II|
|A4 / 8 x 10″ = 10, 4 x 6″ = 20|
|Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss|
|A4 / 8 x 10″ = 10, 4 x 6″ = 20|
|Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use”|
|A4 = 10, 4 x 6″ = 20|
|Matte Photo Paper|
|A4 = 10, 4 x 6″ = 20|
|Envelope||European DL / US Com. #10 = 10|
|Paper Handling (Cassette) (Maximum Number)|
|Plain paper||A4 / A5 / B5 / LTR = 150|
|Paper Handling (CD-R tray)|
|Printable Disc:||1 (Manual Handling by the CD-R Tray)|
|Support Media for Auto Duplex Printing|
|Size||A4 / A5 / B5 / LTR|
|Rear Tray||Plain Paper: 64 – 105g/m2|
Canon specialty paper: max paper weight: Approx. 300g/m2 (Photo Paper Pro Platinum PT-101)
|Cassette||Plain Paper: 64 – 105g/m2|
|Ink End Sensor||Optical sensor + Dot count|
|Print Head Alignment||Auto / Manual|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, PictBridge|
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 5 – 35C|
Humidity: 10 – 90% RH (no dew condensation)
|Storage Environment||Temperature: 0 – 40C|
Humidity: 5 – 95% RH (no dew condensation)
|Acoustic Noise (PC Print)||Approx. 46.5dB.(A)|
|Power||AC 100 – 240V, 50 / 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby (USB connection to PC): Approx. 1.1W|
OFF (USB connection to PC): Approx. 0.4W
Printing: Approx. 17W
|Environment||Regulation: RoHS (EU, China), WEEE (EU)|
Eco-Label: Energy Star
|Dimension (WxDxH)||Approx. 431 x 297 x 153mm|
Canon PIXMA iP4870 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA iP4870 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA iP4870 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA iP4870. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course, you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA iP4870 as well.
- Still, try not to connect the Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA iP4870 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4870 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4870 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA iP4870 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA iP4870. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices, in this case, are the computer and the Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4870 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA iP4870 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the driver’s location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer is ready to be used on your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA iP4870 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA iP4870 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP4870 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA iP4870 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA iP4870 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer is ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA iP4870 Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA iP4870) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP4870 Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA iP4870 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA iP4870 printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonprinterseries.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA iP4870 publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|PIXMA iP4870 Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.56||17 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Printer Driver Windows XP x64||2.41||8.7 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Printer Driver For (Windows 32-bit) 7/Vista/XP/2000)||2.40||15 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4870 XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows XP (32-bit)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.7.0||9.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/Windows 2000/Windows Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4870 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||184.108.40.206||15 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4870 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||220.127.116.11||18 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/Mac OS X 10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac OS X 10.7||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||2.7.0||1.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac OS X 10.6||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac OS X 10.6||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac OS X 10.5||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac OS X 10.5||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver||3.40||7.2 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file||3.40||9.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4870 User Manual (Windows)||1.00||9.2 MB||Download|
|PIXMA iP4870 User Manual (Mac)||1.00||20 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iP4870 Driver & Software Package Free Download For Windows, Mac Os, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA iP4870. since you can download them on our site that provides a download link for the driver & software directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or you can also download user manual below to complete the installation process.