Canon PIXMA iP2870s Driver Download & Installer
Canon PIXMA iP2870s Driver Download & Installer For Windows, Mac, Linux – Many people might think that personal home printer is something average with basic features and performance. If you are one of those people, then you will need to think about that once again. That is because Canon PIXMA iP2870s is not one of those home printers with the standard quality and performance. You can simply say that this printer is above the average.
If you are talking about the performance of this printer, you can make sure that you will get all of the things that you need. The first one is that you will get the fast printing speed for both documents and the photos printing preference. The photo printing quality of this Canon iP2870s is also something that you can rely on. That is because this printer has a lot of technologies that will help you achieve the best photo printing results that you dream.
For the price of this printer, you will not need to spend a lot of money. That is because this printer is tagged for the affordable price. yes, this printer is tagged on the average price as many other home printers out there, but of course, Canon PIXMA iP 2870s has the better performance that can easily outcome many of those printers.
Also, update driver: Canon PIXMA MG8220 Driver & Software Download
Canon PIXMA iP2870s Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA iP2870s Specification
|Maximum Printing Resolution||4800 (horizontal) x 600 (vertical) dpi|
|Print Head / Ink||Type:||FINE Cartridge|
|Number of Nozzles:||Total 1,280 nozzles|
|Ink Droplet Size:||2pl|
|Ink Tank:||PG-745S, CL-746S|
(PG-745, CL-746, PG-745XL, CL-746XL – Optional)
Based on ISO / IEC 24734.
Click here for summary report
Click here for Document Print and Copy Speed Measurement Conditions
|Document: Col||ESAT / Simplex||approx. 4.0ipm|
|Document: B / W||ESAT / Simplex||approx. 8.0ipm|
|Printable Width||Up to 203.2mm (8inch)|
|Bordered Printing||Top margin: 3mm, Bottom margin: 16.7mm,|
Left / Right margin: each 3.4mm (LTR / LGL: Left: 6.4mm, Right: 6.3mm)
|Recommended Printing Area||Top margin: 31.6mm / Bottom margin: 29.2mm|
|Paper Size||A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL, 4 x 6″, 5 x 7″, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Custom size (width 101.6mm – 215.9mm, length 152.4mm – 676mm)|
|Paper Handling (Rear Tray)|
|Plain Paper||A4, A5, B5, LTR=60, LGL=10|
|Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201)||4 x 6″=20|
|Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-601)||4 x 6″=20|
|Envelope||European DL / US Com. #10=5|
|Paper Weight||Rear Tray||Plain Paper: 64-105 g/m2 , Canon specialty paper: max paper weight : approx. 275 g/m2 (Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201))|
|Ink End Sensor||Dot count|
|Print Head Alignment||Manual|
|Windows:||(Please visit www.canon-asia.com to check OS compatibility and to download the latest driver updates.)||Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows XP / Windows Vista|
|Macintosh:||Mac OS X v10.7.5 and later|
|Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Operating Environment||Temperature: 15 -30°C; Humidity: 10 – 80% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Storage Environment||Temperature: 0 – 40°C; Humidity: 5 – 95% RH (no dew condensation)|
|Power||AC 100-240V 50 / 60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby (USB connection to PC)||Approx. 0.8W|
|Environment||Regulation:||RoHS (EU, China), WEEE (EU)|
|Eco-Label:||Energy Star, EPEAT|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||approx. 426 x 235 x 134mm|
Canon PIXMA iP2870s Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA iP2870s Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA iP2870s without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA iP2870s. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course, you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA iP2870s as well.
- Still, try not to connect the Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA iP2870s and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP2870s when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP2870s already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA iP2870s Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA iP2870s. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices, in this case, are the computer and the Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP2870s from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA iP2870s setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the driver’s location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer is ready to be used on your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA iP2870s Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA iP2870s Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP2870s that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA iP2870s CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA iP2870s is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer is ready to use.
How to Install Canon PIXMA iP2870s Printer Driver on Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Run the computer and run the CUPS.
- Visit the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- Enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon PIXMA iP2870s) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP2870s Printer Driver
- Look for the Windows button on your device’s keyboard.
- Select Control Panel.
- Look for Uninstall a Program tab, select it.
- Look for the name of the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is done.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you wish to uninstall. (Select Canon PIXMA iP2870s if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, select it.
- Enter password.
- Locate the Canon PIXMA iP2870s printer driver your wish to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
canonprinterseries.com provide a download link for Canon PIXMA iP2870s publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s Printer Driver Ver. 2.75 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.75||12 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.75||18 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||1.2||7.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||18.104.22.168||14 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||22.214.171.124||16 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.4 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s IJ Printer Driver for Linux (32 x64-bit) (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||1.5 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Windows XP (32-bit)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||2.7.0||1.8 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.7.0||9.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Mac OS X 10.6||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||4.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||3.6 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA iP2870s Getting Started Guide||V3||2 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||4.10||78 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iP2870s Driver & Software Package Free Download For Windows, Mac Os, Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA iP2870s. since you can download them on our site that provides a download link for the driver & software directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or you can also download user manual below to complete the installation process.