Canon PIXMA iP4940 Driver & Software Download – People who want to buy conventional printer usually will choose the one that has good specifications and reputations. It is because they want to make sure that the product is worth to buy and meet their expectations especially when it comes to performance. There is a printer product which can meet all of the expectations and it is Canon PIXMA iP4940.
Like Canon PIXMA MG5240, the Canon PIXMA iP4940 has good performance since it uses thermal inkjet printing technology also has maximum resolution 9600 x 2400 dpi for both black and color. The dimensions of the printer are 431 x 153 x 297 mm for the width, height, and depth with weight only 5.7 kg. The printer consumes less power since it only needs 18 watt for operation mode and 1 watt for standby mode.
The printer has amazing printing speed which is 5.12 ips for black and 9.3 ips for color based on ESAT standard. The printer use interfaces USB 2.0 and direct printing using PictBridge features when you want to print directly from your mobile device.
Canon PIXMA iP4940 Operating System Compatibility
Windows 10 / Windows 10 (x64) / Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Macintosh / Mac OS X (10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11) / Linux
Canon PIXMA iP4940 Specification
|Print Resolution||Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi|
|Print Engine||Inkjet, 5 Single Inks, 5-colour system with minimum 1pl droplet size, FINE print head & ChromaLife100+ system|
|Photo Lab Quality Speed||Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 20 seconds (Standard)|
|Mono Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 12.5 ipm|
|Colour Print Speed||ESAT: Approx. 9.3 ipm|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||5 separate ink tanks:|
|PGI-425PGBK, CLI-426BK, CLI-426C, CLI-426M, CLI-426Y|
|Black Ink Tank Life||Black: 339 pages (PGI-425PGBK), 2945 pages* (CLI-426BK)|
|Black: 3545 photos* (PGI-425PGBK), 555 photos* (CLI-426BK)|
|*Estimated Supplemental Yield|
|Colour Ink Tank Life||Cyan: 530 pages (CLI-426C), Magenta: 486 pages (CLI-426M), Yellow: 525 pages (CLI-426Y)¹|
|Cyan: 202 photos (CLI-426C), Magenta: 201 photos (CLI-426M), Yellow: 199 photos (CLI-426Y)²|
|Media Type||Plain Paper, Envelopes, Photo Paper Pro Platinum (PT-101), Photo Paper Plus Glossy II (PP-201), Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201), Glossy Photo Paper “Everyday Use” (GP-501), Matte Photo Paper (MP-101), High Resolution Paper (HR-101N), T-shirt Transfer (TR-301), Photo Stickers (PS-101)|
|Media Input||Rear Tray: Max. 150 sheets|
|Cassette: Max. 150 sheets|
|Direct Disc Print Tray: 1 printable CD, DVD or Blu-Ray Disc|
|Media Size||Rear Tray: A4, B5, A5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL size or Commercial 10), 10 x 15cm, 13 x 18cm, 20 x 25cm|
|Cassette: A4, B5, A5, Letter|
|Media Weight||Rear Tray: Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m² and supported Canon special media up to approx. 300 g/m²|
|Cassette: Plain paper: 64 to 105 g/m²|
|DVD/CD Printing||Available as standard|
|Two Sided Printing||Available for plain paper in A4, B5, A5 & Letter sizes|
|Borderless Printing||Yes (A4, Letter, 20 x 25cm, 13 x 18cm, 10 x 15cm)|
|INTERFACE AND CONNECTIVITY|
|Interface Type – PC||Hi-Speed USB (B Port)|
|Interface Type – Camera||Direct Print Port: Camera direct photo printing from PictBridge compliant digital cameras & camcorders|
|DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE|
|Minimum System Requirements||Windows 7: 1GHz or faster CPU, 1GB RAM (32bit) / 2GB RAM (64bit)|
|Windows Vista (32 and 64 bit): 1GHz or faster CPU, 512MB RAM|
|Windows XP SP2, SP3: 300MHz or faster CPU, 128MB RAM|
|Browser: Internet Explorer 6 or higher|
|Display: 800 x 600 or better|
|Mac OS X v10.6: Intel Processor, 1GB RAM|
|Mac OS X v10.5: Intel or PowerPC Processor (G4, G5, 867MHz or faster)|
|Mac OS X v10.4.11: Intel or PowerPC Processor (G5, G4, G3), 256MB RAM|
|Browser: Safari 3 or higher|
|Display: XGA 1024 x 768 or better|
|Driver Features||Borderless printing, Auto Duplex print, Collate, Multiple page per sheet print, Booklet print, Poster print, Scaled print (20-400%), Fit-to-Page print, Photo Noise Reduction, Image Optimizer PRO, Photo effects, Greyscale print|
|Software Included||Drivers for Canon printer, Easy-PhotoPrint EX with HD Movie Print, Easy-WebPrint EX downloader and Solution Menu EX with CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM access|
|Power Source||AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz|
|Power Consumption||Standby: Approx.0.8 W (USB connected to PC)|
|Off: Approx. 0.4 W (USB connected to PC)|
|Printing: Approx 18 W|
|Temperature Range||Operating environment: 5° – 35° C|
|Humidity||Operating humidity: 10 – 90%RH (no dew condensation)|
|Acoustic Noise Levels||Approx. 45.5dB|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||431x297x153mm|
Canon PIXMA iP4940 Driver & Software Installations
Method 1: How To Install The Canon PIXMA iP4940 Driver With Free Download
In this case, we are going to install Canon PIXMA iP4940 without CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You are required to have a driver setup or the software file of Canon PIXMA iP4940. For the file of the driver setup, you simply click the link below for the download.
- You also obliged to have the USB cable as the connector from the printer to the computer that you will get from the printer package.
Next, follow the instruction on how to install Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer with the Setup File.
- First, of course you need to turn on the computer as well as the Canon PIXMA iP4940 as well.
- Still try not to connect the Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer USB cable first before it is suggested.
- Download the driver setup of Canon PIXMA iP4940 and install it in your computer by following all of the instruction for the installation progress.
- Then connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4940 when the installation of the driver setup is already finished. In this case, the wizard will analyze when the USB cable has already connected. When the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4940 already detected in the computer, it will go to further instructions.
- Follow the wizard instructions to finish the installation process.
- When it is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer can be used for the printing process.
Method 2: How To Install Canon PIXMA iP4940 Drivers Manually
When you choose this method, you need the help of “Add a printer” option from the Windows inbuilt feature.
What you need:
- You are obliged to have the Software/Driver Setup file of Canon PIXMA iP4940. You can try to download it from the links provided.
- You also require the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer.
How to install:
- The first step, turn on all of your devices in this case are the computer and the Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer.
- Connect the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4940 from the printer to the computer.
- Next, extract Canon PIXMA iP4940 setup file and also their extracted location (it will be commonly found in TEMP folder)
- Click Start à Control Panel à View Devices & Printer (for Windows 7 and Vista OS). For XP OS, you can click on “Fax & Printers.
- Click on “Add a printer.”
- When it has been ready and adjusted for the drivers location, give it the path where you extracted the setup file.
- Follow all of the wizard instructions to finish the installation.
- When you have done, you can use the Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer is ready to be used in your computer.
Method 3: Canon PIXMA iP4940 Driver Free Download Installations
How to install Canon PIXMA iP4940 Printer with software CD (Automatic Wizard)
What you need:
- You require CD/DVD drive installed on your personal computer.
- A Software/Driver CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP4940 that included with the printer package is needed.
- USB Cable as the connector of the printer and computer that included in the printer package.
Follow these instructions for the further installation process of Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer with CD Drive.
- First of all, do not forget to turn on your computer and also the Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer.
- Do not plug in the USB cable of Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer until needed.
- Insert Canon PIXMA iP4940 CD disk to the CD/DVD drive on your personal computer and follow the setup wizard from the CD. Follow all of the instructions for the installation.
- Connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer to the computer when the setup wizard asks you to plug in the USB Cable.
- Wait until the USB cable Canon PIXMA iP4940 is detected and follow the wizard instructions for the further process of the installation.
- When it is done, you will find out the Canon PIXMA iP4940 printer is ready to use.
|iP4940 series Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.56||17 MB||Download|
|iP4940 series Printer Driver (Windows XP x64)||2.56||9.3 MB||Download|
|iP4940 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|iP4940 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|iP4940 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||184.108.40.206||18 MB||Download|
|iP4940 series Printer Driver (Mac OS X 10.4/10.5)||7.39.0||8.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.60||9.1 MB||Download|
|iP4940 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.60||3.6 MB||Download|
|iP4940 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.60||3.7 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows XP x64)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX Ver. 1.4.1 (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX Ver. 1.4.1 (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
Canon PIXMA iP4940 Driver and Software Free Download For Windows, Mac Os & Linux
You do not have to go into another website ever since you will get the driver of Canon PIXMA iP4940. canonprinterseries.com provides a download link for the driver & software canon series directly from the Canon official site. Just click on the download web link available below and follow the manual instruction or download user guide below to complete the installation process.